Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mild Curry Paste

My for processor is one of my most used kitchen tools but sometimes the urge to do things a bit more authentically and by hand. While it takes a bit longer, for me there is a sense of satisfaction that you don't get with a food processor. That and less dishes.

Today I made a mild Thai curry paste. The smell of it as is slowly grinds down is amazing...ginger, sesame oil and lime. Luckily I had all the ingredients. The green chillies came from my garden.

I'll use some it in a chicken curry tonight and the rest will keep for a few weeks in the fridge.


Mild Thai Curry Paste
a Nici Wickes recipe

5cm piece of fried ginger
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 green deseeded chillies
1 small onion chopped roughly
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp coriander seeds
juice of 1 lime or half a lemon
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tspn fish sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment