Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sunny Sandringham Market



I noticed a fruit and vege market one day driving to work...along Sandringham Road to the South West Motorway (Auckland). This market I call the Sandringham Market is actually the Wesley Community Centre Market) is on every Tuesday and Friday from 7am - 1pm. It is a great way to buy fresh seasonal fruit and veges both mainstream (similar to the supermarket) and some catering more for the different ethnic groups that live in the area. This is no pristine up market farmers market catering for those wanting beautiful organic fruit and veges, it is more families doing their shopping for good priced basics.
I have learned the hard way to go for the stalls with prices displayed rather than those not displaying them...I think I may have been caught unawares (ripped off) a couple of times at these stalls. I noticed the cost of my veges were a lot more than the next person who spoke to the stall holder in a different language!
Bella and I loved our visit this morning on a crisp but sunny winter's morning. The photo shows her 'twirlling' with delight at the end of our shopping.

1 comment: